Friday, April 24, 2009

Chocha Time!

So Regan and I went out shopping for his first "big boy" suit.

The process was less stressful than even I had imagined so we both left Tip Top pretty happy.

This gave me the chance to duck into the nearby Fairweather to look at some spring frocks.

Sweet. Zombie. Jesus.

The first set of dresses at the front of the store were extremely long and can only be described as 70s dressing gowns in geometric patterns.

The more festive fare in the back aimed at young prom-goers was an entirely different story. I had to look not twice but thrice at the sizes to make sure I wasn't in the fancy dress section for 7 year olds at Sears. These dresses were BEYOND micro-mini, even in the larger sizes.

I immediately thought of the don't show-cha your chocha segment on Daddy Likey.Prom is apparently going to be extra great for the 'gents this season. They won't even have to wait until after dinner to catch a glimpse of the goods.

It was Regan, though, who noticed the brand name of the line: Majora. That's right. I searched online for a photo to do it justice, or for the sister-line Minora (I'm guessing), but I seriously just recommend going out to the local mall and seeing this for yourself.

1 comment:

Tudor said...

During each recession, manufacturers have to cut back on something in order to eke out a profit. In this case, they chose to cut back on fabric.

Seems like a reasonable choice to me.