Thursday, February 21, 2008

Renovation Madness!

My parents are steadily working at de-constructing and re-constructing our basement.

There will eventually be an apartment down there *fingers crossed*. Everyday I come home to the smell of sawdust and some new surprise (generally good but sometimes bad... the wall went where???) yeah. Mostly my parents are amazingly fantastic and work incredibly hard trying to help us out. I dig it.

I hope we get to start painting this weekend. With any luck we will be able to rent it out by April 1st at the latest. It will probably be ready in early March, actually. The tricky part is finding a nice person to pay us money to be a basement dweller. A nice basement dweller.

If we had the magic of digital cameras in our house I would post the progress. Perhaps we will find some means of capturing the event in the near future.

3 comments:

onshi said...

As a relatively nice basement dweller, I wish you good luck.

Anonymous said...

If you still need to paint when I'm up, let me know. I will pack my paint-y pants.

Corwin said...

No more murder room? I are sad.